2. Types of Information You May Provide. Information we may collect from you on our Site falls into three categories: (i) Anonymous Information; (ii) Personal Information; and (iii) Experience Information. These categories are defined as follows:
- 2.1. Anonymous Information. The term “Anonymous Information” means information that does not identify you individually, and may include, for example, statistical information concerning the pages on our Website that you visit most frequently or the aggregation of Experience Information submitted by multiple Users.
- 2.2. Personal Information. The term “Personal Information” means information about you that would allow us (or others) to identify and contact you including, but not limited to: (i) your name; (ii) mailing address; (iii) telephone number; (iv) financial account information; (v) email address; and (vi) other, similar information.
- 2.3. Experience Information. The term “Experience Information” means any information you provide to us through our Site relating to experiences including, but not limited to: (i) information about activities; (ii) information about approvals; (iii) information entered on other forms, surveys, or evaluations.
3. Our Uses of Your Personal Information. You decide whether you wish to provide us with Personal Information. We may collect information from you at different points (for example, when you complete our registration process or sign up to receive our Alerts), and use this information as follows:
- 3.1. Account Registration; Account Types. We collect Personal Information in connection with your registration to obtain an account on our Site, and offer a range of services associated with the different account types available. We use Personal Information in connection with processing your registration and providing you with the products and services associated with creating an account. Please see below for a general description of the different benefits associated with each account type.
- 3.1.1. Individual Account. Those users registering to create an Individual account as a student, intern, trainee, or professional may be given access to a variety of services we offer through our Site, such as: (i) adding Experience Information; (ii) designating Supervisors and/or Faculty and providing them with access to your Experience Information (linked with Personal Information) for verification; (iii) completing forms sent to you by your organization (iv) generating reports based on your Experience Information; and (v) other services that we may make available to you through our Site.
- 3.1.2. Supervisor Account. Those users registering to create a Supervisor account may have access to: (i) view an Individual’s limited Experience Information (linked with Personal Information) if designated by an Individual in order to verify the accuracy or inaccuracy of the information; (ii) complete forms sent to you by your organization or an Individual’s organization; and (iii) other services that we may make available to you through our Site.
- 3.1.3. Faculty Account. Those users registering to create a Faculty account may have access to: (i) view an Individual’s limited Experience Information (linked with Personal Information) if designated by an Individual in order to verify the accuracy or inaccuracy of the information; (ii) complete forms sent to you by your organization; and (iii) other services that we may make available to you through our Site.
- 3.1.4. Institutional Administrator Account. Those users with an Institutional Administrator account may be allowed to: (i) view limited Experience Information (linked with Personal Information) of Individuals if designated by the Individual, and generate certain reports based on that information; and (ii) other services that we may make available to you through our Site.
- 3.1.5. Director of Clinical Training (DCT) Account. Those users with a DCT account may be allowed to: (i) view, verify, and submit APPIC Application for Psychology Internships (AAPI) information (linked with Personal Information) of Individuals if designated by the Individual; and (ii) other services that we may make available to you through our Site.
- 3.3. Verifying Your Identity. When you purchase services or request information from us via the Website, we may collect additional Personal Information beyond what we originally received in order to verify your identity and process your request. This is designed to further protect you and to reduce the threat of identity theft and fraudulent requests.
- 3.4. Communications to Us. If you send us an email with questions, comments or requests for additional information, or if you include your Personal Information when providing us with feedback about Time2Track, our Website or our products and services, we may use your email address and other information included in your correspondence to respond to you.
- 3.5. Updates, Alerts and Other Communications. You may provide us with your email address and other Personal Information so that we can send you information concerning Time2Track, our Site, products, services and other information (collectively, the “Alerts”). In addition, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with other information that we believe may be of interest to you. You will have the ability to opt out of receiving these materials as provided in Section 9 (Opting Out).
- 3.7. Promotions. We believe that your experiences can often act as the strongest promotion of our products and services. Accordingly, we may wish to post on our Website or elsewhere, endorsements from you or testimonials you provide about your experiences with us (collectively, the “Endorsements”). If you provide such Endorsements, you agree that they may be used for these purposes without compensation. If we use your Endorsements in this manner, and such use would disclose your Personal Information, we will obtain your permission before using your Personal Information.
- 3.8. Information You Wish to Have Posted on the Website and Alerts. We collect Personal Information from you when you provide us with Submitted Content for posting on our Website or inclusion in our Alerts. We may use this Personal Information to respond to you, verify your identity and for other purposes. Please review Section 5 (Submitted Content) for information concerning how we treat Submitted Content (and any Personal Information) you may post on our Website or include in our Alerts.
- 3.9. Other Uses. In addition to the uses specifically identified in this Section 3 (Our Uses of Your Personal Information), we may use Personal Information you submit in any other manner we reasonably deem necessary in order to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us.
4. Our Uses of Your Experience Information. You decide whether to provide us with Experience Information. We collect Experience Information in connection with various services that we make available through our Site. Please note that Personal Information included with Experience Information will be treated as Experience Information, and not as Personal Information, and we will treat any Personal Information included or linked with Experience Information, as Experience Information.
- 4.1. Users with Individual Accounts:
- 4.1.1. Provision to Institutional Administrators. The Organization(s) whose Institutional Administrators have access to your Experience Information is designated during the setup of your Time2Track account and/or in your Time2Track account profile. Current and past Organizations you designate may have access to certain Personal Information and Experience Information. Experience Information may be jointly owned by you and your Organization.
- 4.1.2. Provision to Supervisors. We may link certain Personal Information, such as your name and email address, to Experience Information in order to provide the same to Supervisors that you designate. Please note that Supervisors are not given access to all of your Experience Information, but only to those portions that you identify.
- 4.1.3. Provision to Faculty. We may link certain Personal Information, such as your name and email address, to Experience Information in order to provide the same to Faculty that you designate.
- 4.1.4. Provision to Directors of Clinical Training (DCTs). We will link certain Personal Information, such as your name and email address, to certain Experience Information in order to provide the same to DCTs that you designate.
- 4.1.5. Training Sites. We may link certain Personal Information, such as your name and email address, to Experience Information in order to provide the same to Training Sites that you designate. Please note that Training Sites are not given access to all of your Experience Information, but only to those portions that you identify.
- 4.2. Users with Supervisor Accounts. We will link certain Personal Information with Experience Information that you may provide about Individuals, and provide the same to Individuals for their review as well as Faculty and Institutional Administrators designated by the Individual or Individual’s Organization.
- 4.3. Users with Faculty Accounts. We will link certain Personal Information with Experience Information that you provide about Individuals, and may provide the same to Individuals for their review as well as Supervisors, Faculty and Institutional Administrators designated by the Individual or Individual’s Organization.
- 4.4. Users with Institutional Administrators Accounts. We will link certain Personal Information with Experience Information that you provide about Individuals, and may provide the same to Individuals for their review as well as Faculty and Supervisors designated by the Individual or Individual’s Organization.
- 4.5. Users with Director of Clinical Training (DCT) Accounts. We will link certain Personal Information with Experience Information that you provide about Individuals, and may provide the same to Individuals for their review.
- 4.4. Exporting. Certain services available on our Site may allow you to export Experience Information, linked with certain Personal Information, to third parties or third party sites. We will use your Experience Information, linked with Personal Information, in order to provide you with these services.
- 4.5. Other Uses. In addition to the uses specifically identified in this Section 4 (Our Uses of Your Experience Information), we may use Experience Information (whether or not linked with Personal Information) you submit in any other manner we reasonably deem necessary in order to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us.
- 4.6. Disclaimer. You acknowledge and agree that (i) we are providing your Personal Information and Experience Information to third parties pursuant to this Policy based on your request, and that we have no control over these third parties, and (ii) in the event that you have any right, claim or action against any third party receiving any combination of your Personal Information and Experience Information, then you will pursue such right, claim or action independently of, and without recourse to, us.
6. Disclosures to Third Parties. We will not disclose (i) Personal Information, or (ii) Experience Information linked with Personal Information (collectively, the “Relevant Information”) about you to third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- 6.2. Questions of Harm. We may disclose Relevant Information about you on a case-by-case basis to attorneys, private investigation organizations or law enforcement agencies if we believe that you are: (i) in risk of harm from another; (ii) harming or interfering (or will harm or interfere) with others; or (iii) violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Terms of Service or other legal obligations.
- 6.3. Legal. We will provide Relevant Information about you to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law. If we receive legal documentation calling for the disclosure of your Relevant Information, we may attempt to notify you via the email address you provided within a reasonable time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted. In addition, we may share your Relevant Information with third parties as otherwise permitted by law in order, for example, to protect against fraud, the confidentiality or security of our business records or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
7. Our Use of Anonymous Information. We use Anonymous Information to analyze the effectiveness of our Site, to improve our Website, products, services and for other purposes. This information provides us with potentially useful data concerning our users’ preferences and the efficacy and interest of our Site, products and services, and various general trends. In addition, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of users, and the use of our Website and related services, and may share Anonymous Information with third parties. Rest assured that Anonymous Information provided to third parties will not allow anyone to identify you. We may collect Anonymous Information through features of the software supporting our Website through both the means described below and other means.
- 7.1. IP Addresses; Logs. Either directly, or through our hosting service provider, we may automatically receive and record information from your internet browser, including your IP address (the internet address of your PC), your computer’s name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, where the computer is routing from and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views and other general statistical and tracking information that will be aggregated with information about other users in order to understand how our Website is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes.
- 7.2. Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data that often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide a tailored user experience and to make it easier to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies on our Website and use them to recognize you when you return to our Site. In addition, other third-party websites may recognize our cookies stored on your computer, and use that information to provide you with information related to the content of our Website. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies, though cookies must be enabled on your web browser if you wish to access certain personalized features of our Site.
- 7.4. Click-Throughs. We may send emails that use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the email, or notify us in accordance with Section 9 (Opting Out).
9. Opting Out. Because we respect privacy rights, we allow you to opt out of receiving certain information. If we choose to send bulletins, Alerts or other communications to you, we will provide you with the ability to decline, or opt out of, receiving such communications. In addition, you have the option to unsubscribe to our Alerts, and we will take reasonable steps to comply with this request in a timely manner. Instructions for opting out will be provided if and when we determine to send such a communication. Please understand that you cannot opt out of certain system-generated notices such as password reset emails, account notices, subscription status notices, formal notices concerning the operation of our Website, and legal and other related notices concerning your relationship to us and our Website.
10. Access; Removing Information. To allow you appropriate control over your Personal Information, you can request us to change, update or delete Personal Information that you have previously submitted to us. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before fulfilling such requests. You may also delete your name and other Personal Information from our databases. If you request the deletion of your Personal Information, you will be unable to utilize the services associated with that Personal Information. We will fulfill deletion requests within a reasonable time. If your account is connected to an Organization contracted with us, we may need to obtain permission from the Organization to change, update, or delete your Personal Information.
12. Security. We have put in place security systems, physical and technical safeguards, and quality controls designed to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, Personal Information (collectively, the “Security Safeguards”). Our Security Safeguards are structured to deter and prevent unauthorized users and others from accessing Personal Information. Please understand that our Security Safeguards are not fail-proof and, due to the nature of internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and expressly disclaim (to the extent permitted by law), assurance that the information we receive about you via the Website will remain free from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access. Please note that you play a key role in protecting the security of your Personal Information. For example, you should guard your password to our Website, and not give it to others to use. In addition, you should log out of the Site when you have finished viewing your information on our Website in order to prevent others from viewing your Personal Information.
- 13.4. Submitted Content. The term “Submitted Content” means information you choose to provide to us for posting publicly on our Website or elsewhere.
- 13.5. Institutional Administrator. The term “Institutional Administrator” means a user designated to be a representative of an institution that registers offline with Time2Track.
- 13.6. Individual. The term “Individual” means those Site users who are students, trainees, interns, or professionals that register through our Site for an Individual account.
- 13.7. Supervisor. The term “Supervisor” means those Site users that register through our Site to become a Supervisor.
- 13.8. Faculty. The term “Faculty” means those Site users that register through our Site to become a Faculty.
- 13.9. Training Site. The term “Training Site” means a location added by a Site user and connected to Experience Information.
- 13.10. Organization. The term “Organization” means an organization, institution, school, or program that has contracted with Time2Track to provide Site access to their Individual members by purchasing Authorization Keys or requiring Individual members to purchase subscriptions independently.
- 13.11. Authorization Key. The term “Authorization Key” means the pre-paid Individual subscription that Organizations may purchase directly from Time2Track and provide to Individuals.
14. Additional General Provisions.
- 14.1. Privacy Protection for Children. Our Website is not directed at children and we will not accept or request Personal Information from individuals we know to be under 13 years old. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), if we learn that a child under 13 years old has provided Personal Information, we will either (i) delete this information from our databases in accordance with our deletion procedures set out in Section 10 (Access; Removing Information), or (ii) obtain verifiable parental consent in accordance with COPPA.