Become a Time2Track Guest Blogger
Build Your Own Professional Brand
Add your Time2Track Author Page link to your CV, online profile, or website to showcase samples of your writing.
Network With Others
Use your online presence to network with other students and professionals in your field.
Contribute To The Community
Share your knowledge and experiences to help other students and early career professionals.
Pitch us your piece!
1. Review the list of topics below and choose one within your area of expertise.
(Topics must be interesting and relevant to behavioral health students and professionals.)
2. Review our guest blogger rules and guidelines.
3. Send us your article pitch (a brief description of the article topic and angle that you’re proposing).
4. Our Time2Track editor will respond within two weeks and provide more information on submitting your full article if your pitch is accepted.
Want to discuss an idea with an editor first? Email email@example.com
Considering Grad School in the Mental Health Field?
- Making yourself a competitive applicant for graduate programs in psychology
- Where do I start? Applying for graduate programs in psychology
- So you want to be a psychologist: Transitioning from college to applying to graduate programs in psychology
- Acronym soup: the definitive guide to becoming a mental health clinician
- Look before you leap: What to know before you apply to graduate school
- What’s the Difference Between a Clinical Psychologist & a Counseling Psychologist?
- Know your program: Counseling versus Clinical psychology
Grad School Finances
- What you need to know about debt before starting grad school
- Student Loans 101: what you need to know
- How to consolidate your student loans
- How to refinance your student loans
- 5 steps to automating your student loan payments
- 4 ways to find extra scholarship money in grad school
- Time off: My maternity/paternity leave story
- Yes, I’m pregnant, or none of your business? How to talk with clients about expecting
- 6 tips for dealing with your grad program during parental leave
- How to take maternity/paternity leave from your private practice
The Practicalities of Training
- Tips for earning more face-to-face hours
- How do I track this? APPIC hour types and categories unlocked
- How to respectfully decline new patients while on practicum or internship
- Questions to ask on practicum interviews
- Questions to ask on internship interviews
- Questions to expect on internship interviews
- How to get the most out of clinical supervision – and what they don’t teach you in school
- Walking the clinical tightrope: When good supervision goes bad
- Why I got additional certifications after grad school
- Why I wanted Board Certification
- How I got additional training in [x] after grad school
The APPIC Match
- Will I Match? The latest news from APPIC
- Next steps: what happens if you don’t match
- Why moving for internship was best for my career
- A temporary hardship: I moved for internship, but it was worth it
- The frame that holds your most important work: a guide to working in the therapeutic frame
- Lateness vs. No-Shows: how to handle each
- Emergency situations: When is it ok to break confidentiality?
- Intro to intake: a guide to your first meeting (overview)
- Intake styles: Tailoring the first meeting to fit your clients’ needs
- Psychodynamic therapy 101: an introduction
- Cognitive behavioral therapy 101 an introduction
- Dialectical-behavior therapy 101: an introduction
- Psychodynamic therapy 102: techniques
- CBT 102: common cognitive techniques
- Dialectical-behavior therapy 102: key DBT techniques
- Behavior therapy overview: behavior techniques to use across disciplines
- Trembling at Trauma: a guide to trauma-informed intakes
- TRAUMA vs. trauma: finding nuance when we talk about the big “T”
- Adverse childhood experiences: traumas that set the framework for life
- ACEs are key: unlocking the hidden traumas that are hindering your treatment
- Prisoners are people, too: treating the trauma in your forensic clients’ lives
- How can I help my anorexic patient? / working with anorexic clients
- Your guide to working with bulimia nervosa
- Compassionate care for compulsive overeating
- How much weed, would you say? Your guide to a comprehensive substance use assessment
- Why Harm Reduction may be key to helping your client with substance misuse
- How Alcoholics Anonymous helped my client face his/her mental health problems
- I wanted AA to work for my client, but it wasn’t the right thing
- Know your psychoses: schizoaffective disorder versus schizophrenia
- What’s going on? Differentiating mania from other serious mental illnesses
- Exposure therapy gone wild: everything you need to know
- Walk with me across the Grand Canyon: using virtual reality for exposure therapy
- Adult films, adult problems: using pornography to treat sexual phobias
- The Mental Status Exam: What you need to know
- Check yourself before you wreck…your treatment: Managing our reactions to self-injuring patients
- How does your faith play into your clinical work?
- Is religion welcome in current clinical practice?
- What is it like to work with clients who do, or do not, want to work with practitioners of the same faith?
- X Steps to Nailing Your Dissertation Defense
- What I wish I’d known: How to land the postdoc of your dreams
- What matters on postdoc? Tracking hours (and knowing your state requirements)
- How I gained confidence as a newly licensed therapist
- Landing the job that’s right for you
- How to set boundaries in your first job out of grad school
- Resume or CV? Know when to use each to get the job you want
- How to get more experience with LGBTQ clients on internship and postdoc
- Interesting takes on passing/failing/studying for licensure exams (e.g., EPPP)
- Which prep is right for you? Find the best study materials to conquer licensure exams (e.g., EPPP)
- How to get licensed as an [MFT, LCSW, LPC, etc.]: An Overview
- How to get licensed as an [MFT, LCSW, LPC, etc.] in [State]: A step-by-step guide
- X steps for starting a private practice
- How to set boundaries while building your private practice
- How to earn additional income while starting your private practice
- Yes, we’re expecting: What to expect on family leave from your private practice
- 5 tips for marketing your private practice online
- Optimizing SEO for your private practice
- 7 ways to increase the client base for your private practice
- How to find a niche market for your private practice
- To Facebook or not to Facebook? How to set marketing boundaries as you build your private practice
- Brass tacks: Choosing the right EMR software for your private practice
- The definitive guide to tax write-offs for your private practice